Zoobic Safari is one tourist attraction you will find at Subic Bay Freeport’s Forest Adventure. Subic Bay was a former US Naval Base located in Olongapo, Zambales. After the Americans withdrew their naval forces in Subic Bay in 1991 after the expiration of the Military Bases Agreement, the area was converted into a tourist spot with hotels, casinos, golf courses, and other attractions and theme parks. You can check out more details about the US Naval Base formerly located at Subic Bay through this site: Wikipedia US Naval Base Subic Bay.
Embracing a twenty five-hectare land, local and foreign guests can expect an astonishing sight of diverse exotic animals roaming and frolicking in their simulated natural habitat at Zoobic Safari. It features a wide range of habitats present in the forest due to the terrain, presence of streams, and fringing grasslands. These represent the major habitats for varied exotic animals featured in Zoobic Safari Adventure Park.
Zoobic Safari has the following attractions to look forward to, namely:
- Zoobic Park is a two-hectare forest wherein guests will have a mini-trekking experience to see exotic, wild and semi-domesticated animals in their simulated natural habitat. Have the wonderful chance to pet and feed these wonderful animals – parakeets, bearcats, camels to name a few.
- Savannah a sanctuary of the wild that features a wide range of ostriches, potbellies, wild boars, and guinea fowls.
- Serpentarium Get inside an old ammunition bunker where you will see a showcase of various species of reptiles like snakes, lizards and turtles.
- Rodent World Features an amazing collection of rodents. Be amazed in Mice Surprise area and you may even see some guinea pigs being groomed in the Rodent Salon.
- Animal MuZOOeum A rare collection of real stuffed animals, bone collections and preserved animal skin.
- Close Encounter A facility that allows one to take a close look at our Siberian-Bengal tigers only 2 feet away!
- Tiger Safari a Hold on to your seats as you enter a two-hectare enclosed area aboard our customized Safari Jeep and experience the thrill of being chased by full-grown tigers on the loose!
- Bird Walk Experience feeding the parakeets/love birds on the palm of your hand. Lovely!
- Aetas’ Trail Have a glimpse of the beauty of our Native Aeta Brothers’ culture as they perform some of their traditional dances.
- Croco loco Have the chance to feed our crocodiles! Just dangle a chicken tied to a bamboo pole and see how high they can jump to get your treat.
- Zoobic Cave and Forbidden Cave Bunkers used by the Americans before which were converted to house preserved/stuffed animals, animal robotics and an array of surprises. Watch out what you’ll see as you walk through the Forbidden Cave’s suspension bridges!
Here are some of the pictures I took when my family and I visited Zoobic Safari about a week ago. It was really Fun!